How to check if your Virtual Private Network (VPN) is working and what are the benefits of using a VPN?
Do you want to know how to check the working of your Virtual Private Network (VPN) and do you want to learn more about the benefits of using a VPN? In this article, we tell you all you need to know about using a VPN-server. For example, how you can check if your VPN works correctly and what benefits you can take advantage of.
The digital world is getting more and more accessible to everyone. This comes together with the need for excellent security measures. Of course, you want to keep your private data safe and protect it from danger. This is possible by making use of a VPN-server. These servers will provide you with full internet access without the exposure of your privacy-sensitive data.
What are the benefits of a VPN?
If you use a VPN, you benefit from several advantages. A VPN hides your IP-address and Domain Name System (DNS). Besides, a VPN ensures the encryption of privacy-sensitive data and keeps your activities on the internet private. Not only at home, but also during traveling or at the office.
For example, if you use a public wifi network. Another important advantage of a VPN is that you always remain anonymous. That means no one can see what you are doing online. Whether that be hackers or government officials. Of course, using a VPN has more advantages to offer.
- Worldwide access to your favorite content: by using a VPN, you can access your favorite content from anywhere in the world. Therefore, always choose a VPN service that uses optimized servers, spread across all countries in the world. In this way, you can be sure that you always have access to the content you want, wherever you are.
- Prevent slow internet connection: by using a VPN you prevent the internet speed from being slowed down by your Internet Service Provider (ISP). This happens on purpose as soon as the provider notices that you are sending a lot of data online. The bandwidth is set back and slows down your internet connection. You can prevent this by using a VPN that will keep your identity secret. This means that your provider cannot track you and therefore can’t find out how much data you will actually send.
- Access through firewalls: you may be faced with censorship if you use the internet at the office, college, or in another public space. These blockages are usually imposed by a government agency. In the case of censorship, certain websites are blocked. That means that you are unable to visit them. That has to do with firewalls. By using a VPN you can bypass firewalls so that you can enjoy free internet access without censorship.
- Save money online: saving money online is another advantage of using a VPN. You can browse from different locations and switch servers at the same time. In this way, you always find the best deals and save money online in a simple way.
Does a VPN also have disadvantages?
Using a VPN also has disadvantages. Especially if you choose a VPN service of low quality. In that case, you may experience problems like:
- Slow connection speed by using a VPN
A low-quality VPN can slow down the connection speed. That means that you have to wait longer if you want to surf between different websites. This delay is caused by the VPN that is running in the background. Therefore it’s important to choose a VPN service that can guarantee a high connection speed and security. Looking for a good and high-quality VPN? Choose one of the packages at https://starxvpn.com/prices/ and simply choose the one that suits your needs.
- Suddenly drop out of the VPN connection
A good VPN service always provides you with a stable connection that will not drop out. Of course, there are some exceptions. Are you using a low-quality VPN? Then it’s possible that you have to deal with a regular drop out of the secure connection. This means that your IP-address is visible and your identity no longer remains anonymous.
- Difficult configuration
If you opt for a VPN service of low quality, the configuration of the software can be quite difficult. Also, there’s a serious risk of a visible IP-address and dangerous data leaks. This happens if the installation and configuration were not completed correctly. By choosing a reliable VPN, these risks are excluded. Those networks provide you with a software application that automatically sets the right VPN type for you.
How to check if your VPN is working correctly?
Checking whether your VPN is working correctly is important. Each software has its own specific characteristics, advantages, and disadvantages. You can easily check whether your VPN is working properly, by using the parameter below.
First, turn off your VPN and surf to a general website to test its functionality. After switching it off, the IP-address of your provider will appear. Now turn the VPN back on. You can see how your IP-address changes into a server address.
Second, write down the IP-address and Domain Name Server (DNS) server address that is displayed. You will need this later to be able to check if the VPN is working correctly.
Finally, connect to the VPN client and surf to the test website you have visited before. Don’t forget to refresh the page.
Now that you are connected to the VPN, it’s important to check if the test website is shielding your IP-address and DNS. A VPN that works correctly, should not show these addresses. If those addresses are being exposed, you may be dealing with a privacy leak in the system.
Do you want to prevent this? Then opt for a high-quality VPN service where maximum security is a guarantee. You can find affordable software that guarantees excellent security and services at https://starxvpn.com/. More information about the affordable prices of this VPN service can be found here https://starxvpn.com/prices/.
Stay up to date with the latest news, promotions, and discounts through Facebook. Want to read more about safe and anonymous internet? Then read our blog “Secure anonymous internet VPN connection”.